Monday, August 16, 2010

Any girls with naturally thin straight hair get a BODY WAVE?

I have naturally straight hair that is extremely thin. It's like baby thin. My hair doesn't hold a curl at all! So I was thinking about getting a BODY WAVE, not perm. A body wave is a very loose perm. My hair is soft, but I do use heat products on it every day.





1) Will the body wave make my hair frizzy?


2) How much will it damage it?


3) Will getting a body wave make it easier for my hair to hold a curl?


4) Do you reccomend me getting a body wave?





Thanks :)Any girls with naturally thin straight hair get a BODY WAVE?
First question is do you have any bleach on your hair? Perms and bleach dont mix....(even if you have covered up those hilights with color...remember the bleach is still there). As long as you get someone that knows what they are doing, it should be fine. I think getting a body wave would be smart, just make sure you tell them you want it wavy and not curly!


Another thing that most girls dont think of is this...DO NOT go to someone young and cute to get your perm (or body wave..same thing). They dont do a whole lot of them (I promise :o) Go to an older lady! Cause all the older ladies do all day long is perms and they are dang good at them! (and most of the time they are cheaper!! :o) You shouldnt have any problems with frizzyness or damage as long as you get someone experienced to do it. Now if it is somewhat frizzy just get an anti-frizz serum (my fav is Kenra Silkening Gloss) and it will damage it a bit...it is chemical! Just make sure you use a protien conditioner (my fav is Redken Extreme). Yes your hair will hold curl better, it will have ';curl memory';. So good luck...hope this helped!Any girls with naturally thin straight hair get a BODY WAVE?
if you get it done professionally then i recommend it......
I'm going to get one too...so I guess that makes two of us! lol
I am a hair stylist, this is what I think.


1 it might, it normally does


2 perming is a permanent chemical process which alters the core of your hair, so it will do some damage. make sure whoever does it performs the correct tests to know the porosity and elasticity of your hair, and communicate with her!!! if is doesn't feel right, let her know.


3 it will be a lot easier for your hair to hold a curl, but you will still have to curl it! remember it will look different when its permed.


4 i think it sounds good for what you are looking for, but i would still talk to you stylist!





good luck!
Whoa I've never heard of this, I want it too now! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment