Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to get the loose wavy look with thin straight hair?

i really want that loose wavy look, like jessica simpson but i have really stick straight thin hair! Everyone tells me to get a loose body wave, but what will that look like? i keep seeing all these pictures but they dont seem to do the ';wave'; any justice.How to get the loose wavy look with thin straight hair?
I have the same problem as you! I try to curl my hair and it either looks like I have Shirley Temple hair or it falls flat in about five minutes. I hate it! What I did one time was I tried to get a perm and it looked like it was ';done'; when they took one of the curlers out, but the chemicals weren't left in long enough. I didn't get the curly effect but my hair had so much more body and was kind of wavy. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this, and I don't want to get a perm ever again, but I kind of liked the way my hair looked for the next few weeks.How to get the loose wavy look with thin straight hair?
Alright, wash your hair right before you go to bed. Then brush it. Then twist all of your hair together. and then twist it again into a bun on top of your head. In the morning it will be wavy.
1. get a shampoo and conditioner that says body boost or one made for curling...I like biolage and herbal essances





2. use the products (you can also get moose or sprays for help with curling and defining) and dry your hair





3. put a little hair spray on





4. get a curler (chi is my favorite)





5. curl one inch segments of your hair





6. brush your hair a little to make the curls loose





7. put spray to keep your look in tact
put your hair in medium/large rollers, if you use velcro rollers,do it while your hair is still wet, and apply mouse and then put in the rollers, blowdry your hair while the rollers are still in your hair, if you use hot rollers, spritz with some hairspray on dry hair, i reccoment ';hot sets'; or ';fabricate'; by redken, which you can get at your local salon, after you spritz your DRY hair, put the rollers in and allow them to cool, once you have dried, or cooled your hair depending on your rollers, either let it fall ';as-is'; or if the curls are too crunchy from the rollers very lightly comb or brush your hair just enough to make it wavy and not crunchy, if your hair is thin, you can probably just separate the curls with your fingers, but when your hair looks just like you want it, lightly spritz with regular hairspray, DO NOT use the hot sets or fabricate, it will make it crunchy, just use any regular hairsppray
Hey, dear...I'll tell you an old way that worked wonders for both of my grandmothers AND my mother and all of my aunts...so this method has been around since 1900 or so! I haven't used it myself because my hair is completely and horribly naturally curly...anyway...here is what the old timers (and new timers) use to get the loose and wavy look:





After you shampoo your hair, add some strong hair gel that will guarantee holding power (my older female relatives used egg whites but being a vegan myself I say use the hair gel). Distribute the gel completely through your hair. Now get at least 7 hair rubbers (the ones used for holding ponytails and braids). Section your hair into at least 7 sections...my grandmothers used to section their hair into 10 or more sections. Braid each section as tightly as you can. Wind the rubbers around the ends. Continue until all of your hair sections have been braided. Now get many long sections of rags that are skinny (the grandmothers used to use sections of rags that are 7 inches long and 1 inch wide...they will look like ribbons...or you can use ribbons). Now, for each braid you have finished and placed rubbers on, tie a rag ribbon to the end of the braid where the rubber is. Gently roll each braided section up tightly to your scalp. Tie the rag ribbon tightly next to your scalp. When you are finished you will have many rag ribbons tied around your braid rolls. Keep these rag ribbons on until your hair is dry or even overnight. My grandmothers used to only wash their hair every 10 days so they would keep the rag ribbons on after the shampooing for at least 24 hours.





When you unroll the rag ribbons and undo the braids you should have loose and lovely waves. This will work on all sorts of hair...my one grandmother had coarse and pure black hair (she was a full Cherokee) and my other grandmother had fine and full pure platinum hair (she was a Finn). They showed me pictures of their wavy hair after the rag roll/braids. Their hair looked lovely for at least a week.





After you have brushed out your waves, spray some strong-hold hair spray on your hair to keep your waves up against humidity, dancing, skateboarding, board meetings and even a few tumbles in the hay!
my leah has the same problem. Use shampoo's that help put volume in your hair or thickening shampoo's, My friend Leah does that ad her hair ends up looking like mine, i have thick wavy hair. Well than you should curl you hair, I know you said that your hair is thin, but after using the thickening shampoo or volumizing shampoo and than put mousse in it than blow drying it, it may hold the curl better, my friends try it sometimes, than when your down curling your hair, just push the curls down making it wavier, than just shake your hair and than it should be wavy. I hope i helped if I didnt I hope you fin your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment