Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I keep my hair straight?

I live in a place where the humidity is pretty much terrible. I own a straightener (Infinity by Conair) that I normally set to about 360 degrees F. This straightener works very, very well for me, and I don't plan on changing the straightener I use. I blow dry and straighten my hair every morning, and if I keep out of the humidity, my hair will stay very nice the entire day. There's just one problem with that though. I have to ride the bus in order to get to school, so I'm in a moderately humid environment for about 40 minutes every morning, and everyyy day when I get to school my hair has become wavy again. I've started to use Weather Works Style Creme by John Frieda and It seems to have helped a lot, but my hair still looks pretty bad when I arrive at school. Is there anything that you know of that will help me keep straight hair, even through the bus ride? I could drive to school in my own car and eliminate the problem, but gas prices are a b****, so that's not an option at all.


Should I change the temperature of my straightener? Should I use some special technique when I blowdry my hair? Have you heard of any other good products that might help me out? I really don't even know where to begin with this. I haven't tried to use hairspray, because generally that just gives my hair a sticky feeling after I've been outside for a considerable amount of time. I have also tried to pull my hair up in a loose bun in hopes that it might stay straight, but when I take my hair back down again, my hair has already molded and dented to fit the hairband and it just looks worse than if I hadn't done anything.








Do you have ANY suggestions? I really need help with this. My hair wasn't cut to be worn wavy, so it doesn't look the greatest when it waves.How do I keep my hair straight?
You should go to your local salon and talk to your stylist about it. Salon products are more expensive for a reason...they work! I have wavy hair that I straighten too. This is how I do it and it stays straight humid or not. Before you blow dry your hair you have to use a good leave in conditioner. It doesn't matter that you just used conditioner in the shower. I use vital nutrients by matrix.Next divide your hair into sections, left, right, and back. Blow dry each section completly before moving on to the next. You need a good flat iron spray. I use CHI brand. Again, section your hair and straighten from the bottom layer up, using the flat iron spray. Since my hair is fairly short I also use ISO daily detail putty for some body and it makes it look kinda choppy. Then I finish the whole style off with some Aquage beyond shine, for shine. lol I know this sounds like alot but trust me, your hair will keep it's style and look fabulous!!How do I keep my hair straight?
I have very curly hair that I straighten every morning, and if there were some miracle that would keep it straight in the humidity I'd have found it by now. The only thing I would suggest would be to take your straightener with you and fix your hair once you get to school. I bought a second iron that I keep at work for the humid days here. You're right about the hairspray, too much will just make it sticky.I'm going to read the rest of your responses to see if anyone else has a great suggestion. Hopefully they will be from people with curly hair and not people with straight hair that use the straightener for a finishing touch.
i don't know if this will work for you for me it did...i have natural curly hair after my shower my hair is straight.when its dry its curly not bad when it gets hot my hair is awful so i put my hair in a pony tail it takes longer to dry. a hair dryer makes my hair dry......i hope you find a way to solve your problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment