Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting straight hair curly/wavy without an iron?

I have naturally straight(ish) hair. When I let it dry naturally, I get a few waves/curls and one side will flip out while the other will curl down. Yeah weird, I know = p





Normally, I'll blow dry it dry and then straighten it. I'm kinda tired of it though. = /





It takes like a billion years for me to curl it with an iron, so I was wondering if there are any good sprays or creams to put in my hair and scrunch it to make it curl or wave?





Also, I'm going to a camp in two weeks where I'm going to be indoors for a week and a half, then on a ship for the other week and a half. Is there anything I could do with my hair when I don't have the option of straightening it and don't want to pull it back? (Its a few inches below my shoulders.)





Would a loose perm be easier? How long would one hold %26amp; would it be damaging to my hair?Getting straight hair curly/wavy without an iron?
Modern perms are SO much better than the old ones from the 70s and 80s. You need a good stylist, though. Don't attempt it yourself. Here's link with some good info:





http://www.wwbeautystore.com/hair-perm-r鈥?/a>





Yes, it will damage your hair. As long as your hair isn't colored, you should be okay.Getting straight hair curly/wavy without an iron?
i hate straightnen mine all the time 2...lol perms do damage hair!! lol...
well when your at camp but it in braids... and then it will be wavy..
dye it in and Drink purple drank.
Try using curling gel and scrunching it.


I do that with my hair and its naturally straight
just put it in braids at night to get curls/ waves
get a pencil or something round like that, and just curl the tip of a streak of your hair around it, and gel it when you roll it all up. when you realease it, it should be curled. umn.. you can braid your hair fairly over night. or yeah just get that perm (: good luck
i would have to say indtead of damaging hair styling products, just get curl defining gel, and after you take a shower, towel dry it no so much though, then scrunch the gel in your hair, it may not be super curly, but it WILL give you curls, or waves.
i have the same problem. right when you get out of the shower, put ur hair in a tight bun. when your hair is almost dry take it out.
a perm would be the easiest is last about 2-6 months depending on your hair.....but i always use ausie products to scrunch my hair, either hair spray or mousse
when you get out of the shower put a curl spray / gel in your hair brush through flip you hair upside down and while blowdring scrunch your hair with your other hands half way day the scrunch it up and leave it in an hair tie or towel and leave in for 10-15 mins then finish what you were doing the first time around it works i have pin straight hair as well or you can get an perm with big rods to make you have the illusion of loose curls because the smaller you go your gonna look like shirly temple
When your hair is wet, put mousse in it. Works great with my hair. It only works when your hair is wet so a loose perm might be easier. I've gotten many loose perms and it never damages my hair. Most times perms always turn out different. I've had many perms and some turn out better than others. They can last anywhere from a couple of months to almost a year. It all depends on how good your hair will hold the perm. Good luck and hope I helped:):)
I have the same kind of hair, I normally straighten it,and i get tired of straightening too, but if you just get some kind of mouse or curling gel (most of them work the same to me), then scrunch it in your hair while it's wet and every once in a while why it's drying it and it should be pretty curly.
A loose body wave would be perfect for you. It's like a perm, just a lot looser, because they use bigger rollers. It will last up to half a year, maybe longer if you are good to your hair. It will damage your hair a little bit, but you'll be fine as long as your hair isn't over processed. Also, you can straighten it easily if you want to.
well, i have the same hair. when i wash my hair, i dont blow dry it, i give myself braided pigtails and i sleep in them. i take em off and i have wavy hair. it is temporary tho bc when i brush my hair, it becomes straight again.





i havnt tried this yet. mabe it will work. --%26gt; after u give yourself braided pigtails, blow dry them and in the morning take them off.
Omg I cant belive it...I have the exact same hair as you! I straighten mine all the time and was wondering the same thing until I read in a magazine (seventeen) that there ARE creams and sprays to put in your hair! I've never tried one but maybe it will work for you try Sunsilk waves of envy at drugstores and then spray and scrunch!!! Also you can try perming it but it will damage your hAIR...there are harmful chemicals...For your straightening problem try a hat or if you must put it up vary the style...one day a ponytail the next a sidde bun then maybe try a hat then wear it wavy then pigtails and so on
i have long wavy hair that i blow dry straight. if you have a desire for curls get go for the loose perm, i used to do them and there is a little damage but conditioner works. I loved being able to leave with my hair wet and it looked styled all day.
have naturally straight(ish) hair. When I let it dry naturally, I get a few waves/curls and one side will flip out while the other will curl down. Yeah weird, I know = p





Normally, I'll blow dry it dry and then straighten it. I'm kinda tired of it though. = /





It takes like a billion years for me to curl it with an iron, so I was wondering if there are any good sprays or creams to put in my hair and scrunch it to make it curl or wave?





Also, I'm going to a camp in two weeks where I'm going to be indoors for a week and a half, then on a ship for the other week and a half. Is there anything I could do with my hair when I don't have the option of straightening it and don't want to pull it back? (Its a few inches below my shoulders.)





Would a loose perm be easier? How long would one hold %26amp; would it be damaging to my hair?





ill let you figure this one out on your own
Top ten songs: #1- Fire Maple Song (Everclear)





#2- Hold Me (Weezer)





#3- Stoned (Smash Mouth)





#4- No Phone (Cake)





#5- The Way (Fastball)





#6- Sweetness (Jimmy Eat World)





#7- Florida (Modest Mouse)





#8- Closing Time (Semisonic)





#9- Believe (Yellowcard)





#10- Mardy Bum (Arctic Monkeys)

No comments:

Post a Comment