Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keeping hair straight after haircut & getting my choppy layers to stand out?

I have a natural, slight wave in my hair, but I straighten it very often. I recently got a haircut (this past Friday) and when I straighten it, it doesn't stay completely straight for more than 20 minutes. That's when my waves and cowlicks take over and decide to have a mind of their own - my layers become wavy again. This happens every time I get my hair cut, and usually the problem doesn't fix itself for about a month. Also, I have a lot of choppy layers, and I'd like for them to stand out more. I'm not really happy with my hair cut because it doesn't seem like anything different was done to it. Anything I can do about this too?





Any tips would be great, whether they be on why this happens to my hair, what I can to about it, and how to get my hair looking choppier without being completely stiff. Keeping hair straight after haircut %26amp; getting my choppy layers to stand out?
It might help to use some product in your hair when you straighten it to make it last longer [serums and whatnot]. This happens to me too when I get a new haircut and you do have to wait for it to grow out to look better. Try a different hairstyle in the meantime? Sometimes I straighten my bottom layer and curl the top layers and run through them with wax to create a messy, choppy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment