Saturday, August 21, 2010

STRAIGHTENING MY HAIR!?

I have problems making my hair straight. I have natural waves, and my hair tends to be frizzy. I do get it trimmed and I use a very moisturizing conditioner to keep it together. Also, I use some after wash treatments to make it look piecey. However, it seems that no matter how I straighten it, either with a blowdryer, or a flat iron, it does not look sleek like my friends'! Instead, it looks like puffy straight hair and it gets greasy ten times faster if I use the flat iron. I want to know what to use to make it sleek, shiny, and straight without getting a perm, having to use ten thousand products, and having to spend hours to make it look good. Anybody, help me please!STRAIGHTENING MY HAIR!?
Well since no one else brought this up... I think your problem might POSSIBLY (not totally sure)be your ';very moisturizing conditioner.'; You should switch to a conditioner made for oily hair.





With heat, water is taken out of your hair, leaving more power for the conditioner on your hair (since water makes it more diluted). that might be why it gets 10x greasy





get the hair products esp. for oily hair. I wouldn't use dishwashing soap like the other answer because that completely strips your hair of oils, and your hair produces oils naturally, so if there is suddenly no oil it will produce even more oil to compensate.





ALSO your hair is puffy because there is too much volume. that might also be because of your conditioner.STRAIGHTENING MY HAIR!?
go to a pro:)
go to a professional hairstylist! they have plenty of tips. you could also get some hair product...(and u dont have to have 10,000 different stuff)... i have frizzy hair so i use FrizzEase by ...crap i forgot but look it up or go to like yout local beauty shop! hope this helps!
Some straighteners have oil on them that make your hair oily. And make sure your hair is completely dry before you straighten or do anything. When your straightner isn't that high, and you iron your hair, your hair would become frizzy because your rubbing the plate irons together. Make sure it's hot enough.
you could go to your local shoppers drug mart and ask them if they have anything for your hair condition or there are these types of products that I have used but I cant remember the name!
I am as white as it gets and my hair is worse than a black persons.





I straighten mine with either a InStyler or the Maxi/MiniStraights.





I can get my AFRO straight in about 20 minutes. I use regulare shampp and conditioner, but when i get out of the shower i put in leave in conditioner.





I also BRUSH my hair while i'm IN the shower...
i have the same exact problem.


well, you HAVE to get it trimed.


straitening your hair gives you


spilt ends which makes your


hair extremly frizzy. once you


get it cut, take a shower and


instead of using shampoo, use


danw dish soap. only do this


once. this will clean out your


hair and make it less greasy.


then put a hot oil treatment in


your hair. that should help ALOT.
oh my gosh i feel your pain. lol i have pretty much the same type of hair. i actually find it easier to use a curling iron to straighten my hair than a flat iron. heres what i do: wash%26amp;condition hair every other day, and LET IT AIR DRY!!! hair dryers only make it more frizzy and fluffy. then, as many times a week as you need to, curl your hair in small pieces probably 3 inches across all over after brushing it out. if you keep moving the curler down and not twisting, it will end up straight with a slight curl upwards at the ends. if you have bangs, though, a flat iron works better. tip: when straightening (with the curling iron) do the under layers of hair first, then the top. sorry its kind of long. good luck! :)
Okay. If you are serious about your hair you'll listen to me. Shampoo it with something claryfying and CONDITION! put in ';its a ten'; styling product... any beauty supply store. and then blowdry it using a flat brush on the cool setting. Spritz some glossing spray and then straingen it
  • straight hair
  • web hosting domains
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment